miércoles, 3 de octubre de 2018

Succulent Centerpieces Amazing tips

You can make and enjoy these succulent centerpieces any time of the year. Most will last months and look good long after the occasion. Follow the links for additional info and how-to tips.

Succulent centerpiece

Above: Jeanne Meadow of Fallbrook, CA, made this succulent centerpiece for her patio table. Jeanne’s is one of the featured gardens in Designing with Succulents (2nd ed.). This photo also appears as a black-and-white line drawing in my Sensational Succulents coloring book. It’s an example of the floral-style succulent arrangements shown in my books, notably Succulent Container Gardens.

Succulent centerpiece

Above: This pedestal-pot succulent centerpiece is by CW Designs (formerly Chicweed). See how to make it in my article: DIY Floral-Style Succulent Centerpiece.

Succulent centerpiece

Watch how I made this centerpiece in a repurposed berry bowl in my online Craftsy Class, “Stunning Succulent Arrangements.” Use this link to take my Craftsy class (all seven lessons) at 50% of the regular enrollment price—$20 instead of $40. I also featured the same berry bowl, filled with colorful succulent cuttings, in my YouTube video, Succulents in Silver.

Succulent centerpiece

For an unusual patio succulent centerpiece, I combined a curved glass tube, a wrought-iron candleholder (both thrift store finds) plus colorful clusters of succulents, then added bird seed. You can watch birds enjoying it (and making it a piece of kinetic art) in my video: Succulent Bird Feeder Centerpiece. Want to see how I repurpose objects for bird feeders? Go to: Creative Bird Feeder Materials & How-To.

Succulent centerpiece

Groupings of similar objects make great tabletop decorations. Here, sempervivums appear to be in white baskets, but—as explained on page 36 of Succulent Container Gardensthey’re actually in cast-concrete pots. Glossy silver balls add interest and contrast with the texture of the pots.

Succulent centerpiece bouquet

I made these bouquets for the launch party for my book, Succulents Simplifiedwhich has similar plants on the cover. I used marbles as ballast and filled the vases with water to keep the flowers fresh. The stems are bamboo skewers. Learn more in my article, Create a Bouquet of Succulent Cuttings and in my online Craftsy Class, Stunning Succulent Arrangements. 

Succulent centerpiece

See how this dramatic succulent centerpiece, featuring a crested euphorbia, came together in my article Succulent White-Pot Pairings, and in my YouTube video: How to Pair Succulents with White Pots.

 

Related info on this site:

 

The post Succulent Centerpieces appeared first on Succulents and Succulent Garden Design | Debra Lee Baldwin.



from Succulents and Succulent Garden Design | Debra Lee Baldwin https://ift.tt/2QsfZWb
via IFTTT

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario