miércoles, 19 de octubre de 2022

Two New Succulent Calendars Amazing tips

Announcing two new succulent calendars for 2023! One is Succulent Gardens; the other, Succulents with Spirals: Celebrating the Fibonacci Sequence. I think you'll agree the images are mesmerizing. View all 24 of them in the galleries below.

For Years My Goal...

...was to do a dozen paintings a year: watercolor portraits of succulents. I'd use them to create an annual calendar for gifts and to sell online (via Zazzle).

To challenge myself, I signed up for a watercolor class to learn how to loosen up: to capture an entire garden with a few lines and swaths of color. But my obsession to paint every detail kicked in and I floundered. I couldn't seem to make myself practice---an essential part of learning---so sadly, I quit painting altogether.

Regret nibbled at me until I discovered an app that transforms photos into watercolors. With glee, I selected favorite garden photos and alchemized them. The result is...drum roll...my new Succulent Gardens Calendar.

Succulent Garden Calendar (c) Debra Lee Baldwin

Succulent Gardens calendar

What do YOU think?

However, can I call these lovely new images "watercolors?" After all, who created them? Yours Truly or Artificial Intelligence? Will people find them aesthetically pleasing or simply unacceptable? I'd appreciate your opinion---do LMK in a comment below.

Succulents with Spirals

Being a bundle of uncertainty over this, I decided to create a second calendar. I’m hugely proud of it, although it’s all photos and not paintings. (After all, most calendars are. I mainly did watercolor calendars because I needed a reason to paint and a deadline, and people seem to like them.)

It's Succulents with Spirals: Celebrating the Fibonacci Sequence.

Spiral Succulent (c) Debra Lee Baldwin

Succulents with Spirals Calendar cover

There's a Third Option, Too

And if you prefer my hand-painted watercolors, good news: Zazzle will print any of my previous calendars for the upcoming year. Pick your favorite, and voila! 2017 turns into 2023.

Agave watercolor (c) Debra Lee Baldwin

Agave watercolor from an earlier calendar

SUCCULENT GARDENS CALENDAR IMAGES

Spiral succulents calendar images

Related info on this site 

Euphorbia inermis Fibonacci spiral (c) Debra Lee Baldwin

Succulents with Fibonacci Spirals

Many cacti and succulents form geometric spirals similar to those of sunflowers, pine cones and nautilus shells. Spiral leaf arrangements funnel rainwater to roots and keep leaves from shading each other.

Succulents 2021 Watercolor Calendar

Two 2021 Calendars: Cactus AND Succulents

I’ve created two 2021 calendars! Each offers a year’s worth of wall art. Here you’ll find a bit of backstory, plus my calendar images and plant IDs. Enjoy!

The post Two New Succulent Calendars appeared first on Debra Lee Baldwin. Copyright © Debra Lee Baldwin.



from Debra Lee Baldwin https://ift.tt/BkwSdle
via IFTTT

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario