miércoles, 20 de noviembre de 2019

The Succulent Lovers’ Wish List Amazing tips

Modesty aside, I'd like to think that my Succulents 2020 Calendar is on every succulent lover's wish list. But I know it's not. "Your watercolors are lovely," a newsletter subscriber wrote, "but I'd really rather have a photo calendar." Well, creating one wouldn't induce me to paint 12 watercolors a year, would it? Even with hobbies, I need a deadline.

Such slightly skewed reasoning doesn't apply to the other wish-list suggestions below. I'm confident these would please any succulent lover. I found some of them while shopping online for gifts and special tools. Others are from my own Zazzle storeNote: A few links are affiliate, meaning I get a small percentage when you click-and-purchase. This costs you nothing extra and helps to support my efforts.

Succulent Plants and Accessories

Succulent sampler gift box

Succulent sampler gift box

Succulent Sampler Gift Box -- Nine perfectly packaged succulents arrive ready to go into individual pots or combine in a floral-style arrangement. $28 (18% off with code BN18 in Nov.) from Mountain Crest Gardens.

Check out Mountain Crest's selection of Unusual Succulent Varieties too!

White ceramic pots for succulents

White ceramic pots for succulents

Set of six white ceramic pots -- Each 3.15-in. diameter. These have drain holes and come with bamboo trays to protect windowsills and countertops. $16.

Horticultural Pumice

Horticultural pumice

Horticultural pumice -- A nice gift to accompany plants and/or pots, pumice serves as top-dressing to give containers a finished look, and when added to soil enhances aeration and absorbs excess moisture. 2 dry quarts, $14.

A book plate makes a book a signed copy.

A book plate creates a signed copy

My books make great gifts too, and the best one for beginners is Succulents Simplified. Want to give a signed copy? Order a book plate for $2.50/ea. (free to newsletter subscribers who send me an SASE).

Succulent back pack

Succulent back pack

Succulent Fashions by Dyana Hesson -- I'm over the moon about Dyana's paintings, and happy that some of her work is now on scarves, tote bags and more. (If she were to do a succulent calendar, I'd go whimpering into a corner.) I'm asking Santa for this "impromptu travel pack." ($60)

Cactus weeder

Cactus weeder

Cactus Weeder -- This inexpensive tool---actually a fish-hook extractor---makes a great stocking stuffer and thoughtful gift. $8 on Amazon.

Cactus gloves

Cactus gloves

Thorn Armor Gloves -- With three layers of exceptionally tough, durable fabric, it's no wonder Arizona artist Jim Sudal wears these when creating a 7-foot holiday tree out of cactus pads. 

From my Zazzle Store

Succulent Chic, my online shop, offers gift and decorative items inspired by my favorite succulent photos and paintings. In addition to my 2020 calendar, you'll find succulent pillows, mugs, greeting cards, and stretched canvas prints. New this year are Echeveria, Cactus and Spiral Succulents collections. Note: Zazzle has great sales, so at check-out, be sure to enter the daily discount code. 

Succulents 2020 Calendar

Succulents 2020 Calendar

 

Succulent pillows

Succulent pillows

 

Cactus snowflake card

This cactus snowflake card is one of 65 in my Greeting Cards collection. 

The post The Succulent Lovers’ Wish List appeared first on Debra Lee Baldwin. Copyright © Debra Lee Baldwin.



from Debra Lee Baldwin https://ift.tt/37oqao3
via IFTTT

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario